Breast cancer an inreasing threat to women, it is the development of an innocuous lump in the breast, this lump may be as small as a mosquito bite or sometimes more larger than a baseball, but this has a life threathening implications, whatever it’s size. This problem can occur in young women from the ages of 15-45yrs, but if you are able to catch it early enough, you are lucky, it had been formarly thought of as older women diseases of ages 50 and older, but nowadays, it can occur in younger ages 15-40yrs.
Breast cancer can occur in different forms, they are;
(1) Metastic breast cancer
(2) Male breast cancer
(3) Phllodes Tumor of the breast (4) Paget’s disease of the Nipple (5) Molecular subtypes of breast cancer
(6) Inflammatory breast cancer
(7) Labular carcinoma in situ (LCIS)
(8) Invasive labular carcinoma (ILC)
(9) Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)
(10) Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (IDC)
(11) IDC type: Tabular Carcinoma of the br east
(12) IDC type: Medullary Carcinoma of the breast
(13)IDC type: Mucinous Carcinoma of the breast
(14) IDC type: Papillary Carcinoma of the b reast
(15) IDC type: Cribriform Carcinoma of the breast.
For more information on the types, please click here.
Breast cancer can be caused by several factors, such as;
Family History: If your mother, father or grand parents had cases of breast cancer, you are probably going to have thesame problem.
Breast cancer can occur to you if you drink toomuch alcohol as a woman.
It can also occur to you if you taken toomu ch fried or baked foods.
Signs Of Breast Cancer
(1) A lump or thickening in the breast or armpit.
(2) Discharge from the nipple.
(3) A change in colour or texture of the breast.
The problems associated with breast cancer are risk of death, it is the leading course of cancer death among women between the ages of 15-40yrs.
Breast cancer can be prevented by performing regular self examinations like;
(1) Check once a month: This is a situation whereby young women(premenopausal), should a time two or three days after their period ends so their breasts are likely to be tender, swollen or lumpy. Postmenopausal women should choose a date that’s easy to remember.
(2) Check in shower; this is a process of raising your arm over your head. With your fingers flat move them over your breast (include your armpit) in a circular motion. Use your left hand for your right breast and your right hand for your left breast.
(3) Check in front of the mirror; Lay down and check to see if the shape or contour of your breasts have changed. Also check to see if there is a swelling, dimpling of the skin, or changes in skin or nipple. Gently squeeze the nipple to check for discharge.
Self examination enhances a womans comfort level with her body, because it is the first line of defense, but clinical examination should not be left out also. If you realize a lumpy substance in your breast, you need to go for the right mastectomy and reconstructive surgery and tamoxifen. A later discovery are those that go for chemotherapy or radiation which involves health risk that the patient need to undergo.