Increase in weight and obesity is a big problem to many people, some people can add weight unknowingly due to the kind of lifestyle that he/she is leaving, increase in weight can also be attributed to gene and also diet and abnormal hormonal function and so on. Increase in weight put us at a risk of many problems and diseases like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, sleep apena, liver disease and osteoarthritis etc. If your dream is to lose weight through the help of herbs and spices that are tested and trusted to burn fat and increase your body metabolic rate, then you are at the right place, here i am going to share with you fifteen herbs and spices that can help us lose weight very fast(3 weeks) plus exercise.
(1) Green Tea or Green Coffee is a herbal tea for weight loss, it is a rich antioxidant that contain catechins, one of the epigollocatechin gallate is a metabolism booster. Although it contains caffeine but in lesser amount, caffeine helps in stimulating fat burning and better muscle performance. You can buy it from online store or at local supermarket, it can be taken 20-30 minutes before meal, about 3-4 cups daily, and can be taken when dissolved in hot or iced water.
(2) Aloe Vera is a plant with fleshy leaves, it has no stem, the leaves when cut has a gel like substance that is used to treat skin, hair, gut problems and helps in weight loss. It has antioxidants that help detoxify and clean your body, boosts metabolizm, and contain vitamins that help in proper functioning of the body. You can buy aloe vera from pharmacy, supermarket, ayurveda and online stores, you can even grow it on your own.
You can take aloe vera by extracting 1 tea spoon of its gel add it to 1 cup of water mix it properly and take it 2-3 times daily for weight loss.
(3) Garlic is a weight loss spice that need to be added to our food because it helps to metabolize fats and carbohydrates more efficiently. It also help in improving the immune system, curring common cold, fighting cancer. Research shows that fresh garlic can help in melting fat in the waistline. It is available in supermarkets and can be taken as 1 garlic plus 1 cup of water plus 1/2 a lime. Ensure that the garlic is peeled and crushed or pounded properly and well mixed before taken for weight loss.
(4) Gumar leaves is a weight loss herb, it is a perennial climber, and can be found in india and sri lanka, it has oval shape leaves and yellow flowers, it is used to treat kidney disease, obesity, diabetes, weight loss and constipation, it contains a compound called gymneric acid that prevents the absorbtion of sugar in the body and increase insulin. It is available in ayurveda stores, it can be taken as 1 spoon of gumar leave herb plus 1 cup of warm water and 1 teaspoon of honey, mix it well and take it for weight loss.
(5) Dendelion tea is a weight loss hearbal tea that should be taken or eaten in roots, flowers and leaves. It neutrealizes toxins in the body and help reduce inflammation. It slows the digestive system and make you feel full for a longer time, for weight loss, it can be taken as 1 teaspoon of dendelion plus 1 cup of water, mix it properly and take it for weight loss.
(6) Coleus Forskohii is a weight loss gel or root extract that contains 18% forskohlin, it helps in muscular and heart strengthening, its roots stimulates the thyroid, it also help in ATP generating that make you feel energertic after consuming the roots, it can be taken as 1 coelus soft gel plus 1 cup of water plus 1 teaspoon of lime juice mixed properly and take for weight loss.
(7) Geinseng is a plant with fleshy roots, it is a medicine used by the chinese to treat stress, diabetes, low cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels which are contributors to bad health and weight gain. Ginseng helps to boost our body metabolizm and keep our energy levels high throughout the day. Taking ginseng tea will take care of weight gain. Ginseng can be taken as 3 tablespoon of ginseng extract plus 500ml of water plus 1 tablespoon of lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder add to hot water and wait 5minutes to cool before taking for weight loss.
(8) Pu-erh tea is a fermented tea, the leaves are dried and rolled before being fermented and oxidized by microbes like wine, these tea leaves are left to age to add flavour and taste to the tea. The pu-era tea acts by keeping the spleen healthy and thereby helping proper digestion and absorbtion. This increases body meatabolizm rate that leads to weight loss. How to take: add 1 teaspoon of pu-era tea leaves to 1 cup of hot water, allow it to sleep for 5minutes and cool before taking for weight loss.
(9) Peppermint is a sweet smelling and tasty herbs that can be used as flavour to our dishes and is also helpful in weight loss effort. It also helps in reducing toxin and waste in the body, it also helps in reducing bloat and aid digestion. It is helpful for weight loss as it reduces both stress and appetite. It can be taken as supplement, tea or essential oil.
(10) Yeaba Mate is a traditional south american drink, it is made of aged and dried yearba mate plant. It is one of the ingredients of energy drinks. It contains caffeine and it also has the ability of lowering blood sugar and helps reduce the risk of diabetes mellitus. It also contains phytonutrients that help boost energy, mood and supresses appetite and helps in weight loss. For weight loss, add 10g of yeaba mate tea to 2 cups of hot water and allow it to sleep for 5 minutes before taking it using cup.
(11) Tumeric is a brightly coloured spice that helps the body to burn fat, it contain an active ingredient called curcumin which helps to grow the bile, this is important in breaking fat. It also enhances insulin and treats problems associted with weight gain and metabolizm. It can be taken as 1/2 teaspoon of tumeric powder plus 1/2 teaspoon of dry ginger plus 2 cups of boiling water, allow it to simmer for 10 minutes before cooling down, then add lemon juice to taste and drink it twice daily for weight loss.
(12) Guggul extract is a weight loss substance from the guggul sadha plant, it is a gum resin of commiphora mukula a native tree of india. This extract contains a phytosteroid called guggulsterone that has the ability of stimulating the thyroid function and boosting the body metabolic rate and helping burn calories. This extract can lower cholesterol levels, and has anti-cancer and anti-angiogenic properties, it also helps in weight loss. It can be taken as 1/4 teaspoon of guggul extract to 1/2 cup of water plus 1/2 teaspoon triphala powder, soak it overnight and strain and drink the water in the morning. You can buy guggul in pharmacy or ayurveda stores.
(13) Cinnamon is a spice that helps in weight loss, it balances the blood sugar level, helps to curb cravings and help to keep full for a longer time. It helps boost metabolizm, adding cinnamon to our food and meat will be very helpful for weight loss, for weight loss, add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to 1 cup of boiling water allow it to boil for 3 minutes, remove it from heat and allow it to cool before drinking as tea.
(14) Cayenne pepper is a spice/pepper for weight loss, it is rich in capsaicin, the compound that gives pepper its heat. Capsacin stimulates the body to burn fat to create heat. It had been known to dissolve fat and decrease calories intake, it also lower blood fat levels. It can be taken as 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper plus 1 lime juice plus 1 cup of water, mix it well before taking it 3 times daily for weight loss.
(15) Ginger is a spice that enhances digestion and improves metabolizm, fresh organic ginger helps to reduce appetite, cut cravings for sweet foods. Ginger help in preventing unnecessary snacking and cumpulsive eating of high calorie foods. It can be taken as tea thus; crush the ginger, add it to 1 cup of boiling water then boil for 2 minutes, turn off the flame and add honey, strain and stair well before drinking it.
Practicing the above mentioned herbs, roots and spices will help in weight management or weight loss efforts.