We live in a world that tempts us with different kinds of food, so increase in weight and obesity is a common occurrence that trouble many people, some can add weight unknowingly due to his/her lifestyle, gene, diet and also abnormal hormonal function and so on. Increase in weight can cause a lot of problems and disease like diabetes, stroke, heart problems, sleep apena, liver disease and osteoarthritis and so on. If you are in search of herbs and spices for weight loss, then this discussion is for you. Fourteen herbs and spices for weight loss will perform wonders for you. You need to add 30 minutes of regular moderate physical activities or exercise daily for full success on this herbs and roots for weight loss.
(1) Rosemary is a weight loss perennial herb with green needle -like leaves. It is used as food recipe, it also has a tea that helps in weight loss. It is a rich source of enzyme lipase which helps to break down fat molecules. Rosemary also contain fiber which prevent fat absorption and helps to keep full for a longer time. For weight reduction, it can be taken as adding 1 teaspoon of fresh ground rosemary to 1 cup of boiling water, turn off the flame and allow it to sleep for 5-7 minutes, then strain and drink it for weigh management.
(2) Black pepper is a weight loss spice that is rich in piperine. Piperine is what gives black pepper its flavor. Piperine helps in the prevention of the formation of fat cells, that helps in reducing weight. For weight reduction, it can be taken as 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper plus 1/2 teaspoon honey plus 1 cup of warm water, stair well before drinking.
(3) Gotu Kola is a weight loss herb, it is used for ages by the Chinese to treat stress, depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s, memory and blood circulation or it can be consumed to prevent urinary tract infection, common cold, influenza and tuberculosis etc. For weight reduction it can be taken as adding 2 teaspoon of Gotu Kola to 1 cup of water, allow it to sleep for 3 minutes then add 1 teaspoon of honey and stair well before taking it.
(4) Coriander is a weight loss spice that helps to boost our body immunity, it contains many antioxidants that helps in weight loss, it also contains healthy fats, and minerals such as copper, potassium, zinc, calcium and magnesium. It also contain vitamin C and so on. For weight reduction it can be taken as adding 2 teaspoon of coriander seeds to 1 cup of water and soak it overnight, strain the water in the morning and add cinnamon powder and allow it to sleep for 10 minutes then strain before drinking.
(5) Neem is a weight loss herb that grows in the tropical, Sahara and sub-Sahara regions, Its leaves, branches, and fruits contain medicinal properties and had been used since ages to treat many health conditions. For weight reduction it can be taken as adding 4-5 crushed neem leaves to 1 cup of water and stair well before taking for weight loss.
(6) Cumin is a weight loss spice that is universal and great for adding flavor to our food. Add cumin to stew, soups, dressing, rubs, marinades, dip to stir-fries and flat-breads and other baked foods. Just one teaspoon of cumin added to our meal can help burn up to three times body fat. For weight reduction, add 2 teaspoon of cumin seed to 1 cup of water and soak it overnight, in the morning heat or warm the water and strain well add honey and stair well before drinking for weight loss.
(7) Fenugreek seeds is a weight loss herb, it is widely used to treat inflammation, constipation, obesity, polycystic ovarian disease and also help in lowering blood cholesterol. For weight reduction, it can be taken as adding 2 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to 1 cup of water and soak it overnight, in the morning strain and drink the water first thing in the morning.
(8) Parsley is a weight loss herb, although it is used to garnish foods but studies show that it ia more than garnish because this herb reduces the amount of glucose in the blood. If it is used to garnish food, this herb can help control appetite and encourage the processing of food into energy they the body can use, instead of storing it as fat.
(9) Mustard Seed is a weight loss spice that looks black or yellowish in color. It is mostly used as a condimen and salad dressing by the Indian curry. These are low carbohydrates and calories and are rich in vitamins like vitamin B12, folate, thiamine and niacin. It is also rich in omega 3-fatty acids that help lower blood cholesterol levels. For weight reduction, add 1 teaspoon of mustard seed to water and soak it for 30 minutes, use mortar and pestle to ground the seed and add olive and lime juice to the ground mustard seed and mix it well and use it as salad dressing.
(10) Cardamom is a weight loss spice that helps boost the body metabolism and increase the body temperature. It is a thermogenic which means it burns fat to fuel the body energy, it also prevent the formation of gas that bloats up the stomach instantly. Add 1 teaspoon of cardamom to 1 cup of boiling water and boil for 2 minutes, then turn off the flame and add green leaves, then strain and stair well before drinking.
(11) Fennel seed is a weight loss herb from the fennel plant which belong to the carrot family. It is widely used as a cuilinary spice and also has medicinal applications. It has a sweet taste and help in proper digestion. It is rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. Add fennel seeds into 1 cup of water and soak it overnight, then strain the water and drink it in the morning.
(12) Cloves is a weight loss spice that can help us lose weight by increasing the body metabolic rate, which helps the body to burn more calories.
(13) Hibiscus tea is a weight loss tea, it helps in weight loss by getting rid of excess water in the body, it has diuretic properties that helps to prevent bloating. It contains an enzyme called phaseolamin that inhibits the production of another enzyme, amalyse which helps in the breakdown of carbohydrates into sugar molecules. Put dried flowers into a teapot and add 2 cups of boiled water, let it sleep for 6 minutes, then strain a cup of hibiscus tea and add honey and stair well before drinking.
(14) Milk thistle is a weight loss herb and is almost the same as the dendlion and it also contain the same cleansing compound as dendlion. It cleanses toxin from the liver and helps the body make use of glucose and sugar instead of allowing the body to store it as fat.
Practicing any of the above herbs will see progress in weight reduction but for pregnant mothers, please consult your doctor before taking it.